- Privacy statement
Southern Cross Industrial Supplies Pty Ltd (SCIS) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will ensure we comply with legislations and regulations in Australia.
As an Australian registered company, SCIS is bound by the Privacy Act as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (Act) and the National Privacy Principles contained within that Act. All employees and officers of SCIS are expected to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement.
Information which is collected, held, used or disclosed by SCIS about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Statement.
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- Be bound by, and comply with, the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 in relation to personal information
- Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it.
- Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to only collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes.
- Not to disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
- Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
- In most cases provide individuals access to their personal information on request, and
- Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain their relevance.
SCIS recognises and respects the importance of each individual's privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by SCIS is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
- What do we use personal information for?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry or order. This may involve disclosing your personal information to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
With regard to all other enquiries, your details will only be accessible and used by personnel dealing directly with your request. We do not use, or disclose, any personal details you provide to us for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent.
- Disclosing Personal Information
As noted above, we may share personal information with service providers who assist us in operating our business or with contractors performing services for SCIS, which are required to comply with this Statement. SCIS will only make such disclosures to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, SCIS' policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent, or where we are required by law to do so.
- Retention and Disposal of Information
SCIS will only keep personal information it needs for the purpose for which it was collected. SCIS will dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
- SCIS Web Site
This Statement applies to all our web pages. It explains our practices on collection and processing of any personal information that may be collected as a result of your use of the site (i.e. information from which an individual's identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained).
- What information does SCIS collect via its web site?
This site allows you to contact SCIS by a form for the purpose of ordering and paying for goods sold by SCIS, or requesting information about SCIS or making other enquiries or requests.
By submitting the form, you may provide us with certain personal information which may include your name, e-mail address and any other details you include in your form. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without this information.
- E-mail Security
In line with our policy on e-mail security, any e-mails you send will be automatically scanned, which could result in certain attachments and styles of message being automatically blocked. Our IT administrators may have access to your e-mails to authorise the content. This is done purely for IT security purposes and our IT administrators will not access the contents of your e-mails once this process is complete.
- Security of Information
You should be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. However, SCIS uses all reasonable efforts to ensure any personal information collected is held securely.
- Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Upon request, SCIS will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, unless there is an exception which applies under the National Privacy Principles. If you are refused access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the National Privacy Principles.
SCIS takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever we collect or use it. If personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please let us know and we will make every effort to correct this information.
You can access your personal information and notify us of any change, modification or correction, by contacting us.
- Complaints & Further Information
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further enquiries.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement